Saturday, September 22, 2012

And the winner is.....

ME!!

Who woulda thought???

I love it when I am presented with the opportunity to be 
creative at work
  
After all my job is  
Bookkeeper and 
Administrative Assistant 
for a 163 unit 
senior retirement community

Nothing creative about that!

Every year our home office 
has a contest
(although at the time 
I didnt know it was a contest)
for the Activities coordinators in each community to present the 
programs and activities 
that we have had
throughout the year
....in a creative way

Well for some reason 
(which I will respectfully not disclose)
our activities coordinator had done nothing, it was Friday, 
and the project was due in 
Seattle the next Tuesday

My boss called me in her office and 
presented me with her dilemma 
- overtime approved - 
do what you need to 
get this project done

Welcome to 
**Fairwinds Five Star Fun Circus**


I went to Michaels,
 wandered around to gather ideas 
and see what was available 
...at the last minute

I took a lampshade, covered it in 
red & white striped paper 
and made a base for my tent

  I used poster board to make 
the blue tent top

The circus images I have been 
collecting on Pinterest


I found some cute popcorn bags 
that I placed around the tent 
to hold the rolled up flyers 
(that had each event on it)
and other fun things that 
had our info in it


Inside the circus tent I placed fun things with wording that represented our programs




The main presentation is a banner 


Where each pendant flips open 
to reveal the required info
(let me tell you formatting the
info to fit in that triangle was NOT fun)


I attached the banner ribbon to the underside of the tent top so when you pull off the lid
 the banner strings out.  
(wish I had a picture of this but I relied on 
someone else at work to take the pictures 
before they sent it off 
and I guess they didn't read my mind)


Inside I used fun little balloons 
to keep things from rattling around 
during shipping.




So there you have it....

**Fairwinds Five Star Circus**


It was a stressful looong weekend, 
but the results were worth it!!
(and I got Monday off!)

I LOVE a good creative challenge!

Im anxious to see what the prize is...
I know part of it is a trip to Seattle!!

Robin

3 comments:

I love comments.......